Providence Health & Services Physical Therapist Assistant *0.8/Day* in Missoula, Montana
Providence is calling a Physical Therapy Assistant ( Physical Therapy, Day Shift, 0.8 FTE) to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system!
In this position you will:
• Continue to assess changes in patient/client status.
• Follow patient/client care through to completion, including identifying and planning for discharge needs and recommendations for further care.
• Gather pertinent information from the medical record and by interviewing patient/client and/or appropriate family members.
• Implement the plan of care while assuring patient privacy, safety, and comfort.
• Report change of status information to the nurse and/or physician.
• Teach appropriate and safe therapeutic/rehabilitation information for improving patient outcomes.
• Market to and educate physicians and other health care members about Rehabilitation Services.
• Document daily care in an organized manner, including patient/family and staff education, and the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care.
• Document patient/client and appropriate family members inclusion with goal setting and treatment plan.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Associates's Degree in Physical Therapy
Licensed to practice as a Physical Therapy Assistant in the state of Montana.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year experience in a physical therapist assistant capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing facility or other related medical field
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)
Req ID: 312226