Providence Health & Services Pharmacy Technician I *0.6/Variable* in Missoula, Montana
Providence is calling a Pharmacy Technician I - Retail (Pharmacy , Variable Shift, 0.6 FTE) to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system!
In this position you will:
• Interpret, assemble, and label prescriptions accurately and in a timely manner.
• Understand the requirements for handling, distribution, inventory control, and security of controlled substances and follows procedures.
• Although not responsible for compounding CSP’s (compounded sterile preparation), able to demonstrate proper infection control, hood cleaning, sterile technique, calculations and basic workflow of IV Room.
• Use prepackaging equipment correctly (includes labeling and record keeping).
• Demonstrate competency in completing all assigned automated distribution duties and responsibilities.
• Prepare and dispense medications following approved procedures.
• Deliver medications and other pharmacy products within required timeframe to inpatient and outpatient areas.
• Act on any controlled substance discrepancies appropriately.
• Check patient record for pertinent information before processing orders.
• Enter charges and credits for patient medications timely and accurately.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Upon hire applicant must have their Montana Technician-in-Training license prior to their start date.
Individual technicians are required to be certified by the National Certification exam (PTCB or ExCPT) as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT). The technician must have current license to practice as a pharmacy technician in the state of Montana. Licensure must be achieved within 6 months from date of hire.
Valid Montana State Driver’s License. motor vehicle record, insurance.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 6 months hospital pharmacy experience
About the hospital you will serve.
St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacy Technician
Req ID: 315467