Providence Health & Services Clinical Technician I in Missoula, Montana
Providence is calling a Operating Room Assistant (Operating Room, Variable Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
• Assists with transporting, lifting and/or positioning patients as needed.
• Schedule patients as needed
• Obtains paper work for caseload and maintains forms at par level-copies as needed.
• Remains responsible for Operating Room turnover and daily termination (i.e. mops floor, removes linens and trash). Assures room is ready for the next case.
• Maintains cleanliness of sinks, cabinets, storage areas, utility rooms, locker rooms and lounges (including defrosting refrigerator and cleaning microwave).
• Performs the terminal cleaning functions at the end of the shift shift (i.e. cleaning furniture, fixtures and equipment).
• Stocks linen, suction supplies and anesthesia supplies in the Operating Rooms.
• Maintains an adequate supply of brushes, caps, masks, shoe covers and other supplies in their designated areas; stocks core.
• Runs errands as needed; transports specimens to lab as needed and blood bank for blood and products.
• Assembles equipment necessary for cases and has basic knowledge of understanding of use (i.e. back frame/bed, towers and shoulder holder).
• Reports broken equipment promptly, fills out and sends appropriate paper work to Clinical Engineering or Facilities.
• Assures all power tanks are full and taken to Facilities as often as necessary.
• Assures Nutrition Services supplies at par level; keeps refrigerator stocked.
• Makes rounds regularly.
• Assures x-ray shields are in proper shape and distributed equally on stands.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served on the department/unit as outlined in established procedures.
• Adheres to standard policies as outlined in department related to infection control, fire and safety, hazardous chemicals, personnel policies and departmental procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Other Healthcare Support
Req ID: 239560